It has been more than six months since I wrote the first blog post about RustRAT. During these months, the closest I have come to actually doing something has been to build myself a new computer with many cores in order to compile code faster or something like that. However, rather than develop RustRAT I have been busy playing all the games I have been unable to play the last ten years due to lack of a computer able to play recent games.
It is about time for me to actually attempt to create RustRAT. The plans are mostly unchanged since the last blog post, but I have made one significant change.
I am writing this blog as I started developing a RAT during the spring of 2020 and wanted a place to document my ideas and progress with this project. This is something I have been planning on doing for a couple of years, but I did not get around to actually writing any code until this spring. RustRAT is as its name suggests, a Remote Access Trojan written in rust, and even though it is not included in the name, lua.